Saturday, October 15, 2011

Quilted Card

This is a 5.5 x 5.5 card I did for a class a few months ago. I used a red cardstock for the base of the card. I cut a white cardstock to 5 1/4 x 5 1/4 size, and punched the corners using a Martha Stewart Punch.  I cut the Black cardstock  to 5 1/8 x 5 1/8 and punched the corners with the same punch as the white cardstock.
For the card front, I used a plain white cardstock, cut 4 1/2  x 4  1/2 and run through a xyron. I had pre-stamped white cardstock, using black versafine ink, using various background stamps so I would have different patterns. I cut these stamped pieces into strips, varying from 1/4 to 5/8 inches in width. I also cut a few pieces of the black cardstock so I could add them into the mix. I then placed the different pattern strips side by side, all the way across until completely covered. I die cut  the assembly using a Spellbinder label die. I used a small long oval die to cut out the center aperture.  I stamped a small vase of flowers on white cardstock and colored it with Copics. I cut it out slightly bigger than my oval cut out and used pop dots to pop it up. I mounted the quilted piece to the black background. I tied a black satin ribbon, about 1/2", vertically around my black background assembly. I added a black satin bow to the tied on piece of ribbon. I added three white mini roses from Magnolia to the center of the bow. I colored them red using a red copic..

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Another Iron Works Card

This one is an A2 card, on a white base. I used the dark red suede paper for the mat, then a white cardstock, embossed with a holly Sizzix folder. I used the wide white satin ribbon, matted with the red suede paper. Then I die cut a large scallop circle in the red suede. I placed the snowflake type die cut on top of the scallop circle, placed the small red suede circle on top of that and finished it with a large white half faux pearl. I punched the corners of the white embossed background using Marvy's scallop corner punch.  I added four small half faux pearls, one to each corner.

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Christmas Blues

This is a 5.5" x 5.5" square card. I started with an aqua colored base, added a mat of silver mirror cardstock, then used a piece of Little Yellow Bicycles "25 Days" from last years Christmas papers. I cut the large snowflake like medallion out of silver mirror paper, using the Ironworks Motif Nestibilities. The used a white snowflake ribbon, colored with a silver Krylon marker, across the background. The corners were punched with the scallop corner punch from Marvy. The "be merry" was from a Penny Black acrylic set called Crystalline.This set is still available from our store and is currently on clearance at this time. (That was my "shameless plug" for the day )

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Stampendous Snowman

This is a snowman card I made for a swap.The card is A2 size, white base with rounded corners. The background papers are from a Bo-Bunny line, Jovial. The stamp set is an acrylic set from Stampendous (SSC1009). I bought it in 2008, and never done a whole lot with it until now.  I cut him out on Bazzill white smooth, using Momento Tuxedo Black ink. I colored the snowman with Copic markers. I stamped the hat and scarf on more Jovial scraps and cut them out. The green band separating the papers is a scrap of green Bazzill cut 4" x 3/4". I assembled the snowman, placed his hat on him, added a whilte fuzzy ball to the end, and placed his scarf around his neck, To finish off the card, I used Stampin'Up's Word Window punch with their long label punch and popped it up over the Let it snow greeting from an older Hero Arts acrylic set.

Friday, October 7, 2011

Fall Scarecrow Card

This is a JustRite Fall set I found. There was a card on their blog similar to this, I just changed it slightly. I did my coloring with the Copic markers, and I used the Classic oval Nestibilities to cut out the image. I matted it with orange Bazzill, I cut theat with Labels Four nestibilities. I couldn't find the Martha Stewart Picket Fence punch, so I settled for the Halloween fence punch by Martha Stewart, I used my fussy cutting scissors to trim off the bats. I used a viney Cuttlebug folder to emboss the black background, and a scrap of Pyrus from {Last Fall's Bo Bunny line.I think the greeting was punched with an oval punch, mounted on a tag created with the Fancy Tags die from Nestiblities. I adhered the card front to an orange A2 card made from orange Bazzill.

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

I was making sample cards for  the store in the last few days. Here is one inspired by a card I saw on the Impression Obsession blog a few days ago. They used different backgrounds, a different stamp and different ribbon, but otherwise mines just like theirs.

I started with Bazzill's kraft paper for the card base, A2 size. I cut a dark brown  Bazzill for the mat, then another piece of kraft for the background. I used the Impression Obsession Background stamp - Distressed Corduroy (cco47) with Versafine Vintage Sepia ink. I then stamped over the corduroy with the Impression Obsession background stamp - Spatter (cco59) with the Ranger Distress ink Peeled Paint.
 The main image is a stamp by Penny Black called Queen Anne's Lace (3939k).  used the brown Versafine again stamped on the flip side of a pattern paper called Pink Grapefruit by Kaiser Craft. It was from a line called Pink Gelato. I used one of the circle dies from the Classic circle Nestibilities, and cut a brown circular mat I made using the Lacy Circles Nestibilities.  I made some small glue placements on the image and sprinkled on some Sweet Pea Flower Soft.  The ribbon was from May Arts,  a 3/8" satin with pink on one side and brown on the reverse.