Saturday, October 15, 2011

Quilted Card

This is a 5.5 x 5.5 card I did for a class a few months ago. I used a red cardstock for the base of the card. I cut a white cardstock to 5 1/4 x 5 1/4 size, and punched the corners using a Martha Stewart Punch.  I cut the Black cardstock  to 5 1/8 x 5 1/8 and punched the corners with the same punch as the white cardstock.
For the card front, I used a plain white cardstock, cut 4 1/2  x 4  1/2 and run through a xyron. I had pre-stamped white cardstock, using black versafine ink, using various background stamps so I would have different patterns. I cut these stamped pieces into strips, varying from 1/4 to 5/8 inches in width. I also cut a few pieces of the black cardstock so I could add them into the mix. I then placed the different pattern strips side by side, all the way across until completely covered. I die cut  the assembly using a Spellbinder label die. I used a small long oval die to cut out the center aperture.  I stamped a small vase of flowers on white cardstock and colored it with Copics. I cut it out slightly bigger than my oval cut out and used pop dots to pop it up. I mounted the quilted piece to the black background. I tied a black satin ribbon, about 1/2", vertically around my black background assembly. I added a black satin bow to the tied on piece of ribbon. I added three white mini roses from Magnolia to the center of the bow. I colored them red using a red copic..

No comments:

Post a Comment