Wednesday, October 5, 2011

I was making sample cards for  the store in the last few days. Here is one inspired by a card I saw on the Impression Obsession blog a few days ago. They used different backgrounds, a different stamp and different ribbon, but otherwise mines just like theirs.


I started with Bazzill's kraft paper for the card base, A2 size. I cut a dark brown  Bazzill for the mat, then another piece of kraft for the background. I used the Impression Obsession Background stamp - Distressed Corduroy (cco47) with Versafine Vintage Sepia ink. I then stamped over the corduroy with the Impression Obsession background stamp - Spatter (cco59) with the Ranger Distress ink Peeled Paint.
 The main image is a stamp by Penny Black called Queen Anne's Lace (3939k).  used the brown Versafine again stamped on the flip side of a pattern paper called Pink Grapefruit by Kaiser Craft. It was from a line called Pink Gelato. I used one of the circle dies from the Classic circle Nestibilities, and cut a brown circular mat I made using the Lacy Circles Nestibilities.  I made some small glue placements on the image and sprinkled on some Sweet Pea Flower Soft.  The ribbon was from May Arts,  a 3/8" satin with pink on one side and brown on the reverse.

No comments:

Post a Comment